Arsenal 4 – 2 Tottenham Hotspur – Arsenal produced a rampant second-half display to beat Tottenham in a dramatic north London derby and leapfrog them into fourth in the Premier League.
The Gunners led through Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s penalty but Spurs turned the game around through Eric Dier’s header and Harry Kane’s spot-kick.
Aubameyang’s clinical strike levelled after the break and Alexandre Lacazette’s deflected shot made it 3-2. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is the first player to reach 10 goals in the Premier League this season.
Lucas Torreira sealed a memorable win before Jan Vertonghen was sent off. Tottenham defender Vertonghen, who gave away the early penalty, received a second yellow card for a poor lunge on substitute Lacazette with five minutes left.
Arsenal’s victory extended their unbeaten run to 19 matches and moves them a point behind third-placed Chelsea, climbing above Spurs on goal difference.
Arsenal 4 – 2 Tottenham Hotspur | English Premier League – Match Highlights
1. 10′ 1 – 0 [Penalty Goal] Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang rolls in penalty after Vertonghen was penalised for handball! Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang steps up confidentially but he scuffs his shot a little bit. It’s not a great penalty – rolle just to the left of centre – but it beats Hugo Lloris and that’s all that matters. The ball is glanced on by Shkodran Mustafi and it hits Jan Vertonghen’s waving arm. Penalty!
2. 30′ 1 – 1 Eric Dier heads in equaliser, prompting melee! Sokratis gives away a needless free-kick as he clips the heels of Son Heung-min and Tottenham can cross it in from the left. Christian Eriksen whips it into the near post and Eric Dier nods it into the back of the net! Game on!
3. 34′ 1 – 2 [Penalty Goal] Harry Kane scores penalty after Kolasinac penalised for foul on Son! No mistake. Harry Kane steps up coolly and smashes it superbly into Bernd Leno’s bottom right corner. Penalty to Spurs after Son Heung-min drives into the box and races past Hector Bellerin. Rob Holding comes sliding across and just nicks his heels.
4. 56′ 2 – 2 Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang draw Gunners level! Hector Bellerin plays a superb ball down the right for Aaron Ramsey. The Welshman smartly slips it inside on his left to Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang. The Arsenal forward hits it first time and could not connect any sweeter! It bends beautifully into the keeper’s bottom left corner. Lovely.
5. 74′ 3 – 2 Alexandre Lacazette put Gunners ahead! What a comeback! Alexandre Lacazette is played through the middle but he still has so much to do. There’s three Spurs players around him but he’s allowed to turn and shoot on the edge of the box. He slips as he does so, scuffing his shot slightly, but it takes a deflection off Eric Dier and bounces into Hugo Lloris’ left-hand corner.
6. 77′ 4 – 2 Lucas Torreira scores! What is happening!? Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slips it through to Lucas Torreira on the right side of the box and the Uruguayan is completely free. He coolly slots it past Hugo Lloris and into the far corner. What a time to score your first Arsenal goal!
7. 85′ 4 – 2 [Red Card] Jan Vertonghen is sent off! Jan Vertonghen is in trouble. He fouls Alexandre Lacazette as he stretches for the ball and he receives a yellow card. It’s his second – after receiving one in the first half for handball – so he’s off.